Wednesday, December 26, 2012

THE BIRTH OF CHRIST--CHARLES WOODRUFF


(We often think that the birth of Christ is only told about in the New Testament., but actually it is told about in the Old Testament very often. This is why the Jews were looking for the Messiah to come to this earth. I want to briefly show you places where it is mentioned, beginning in Isaiah. There are several other references we can look at. The devout Jews knew He was coming. Let's reflect on this.)






Then in Isaiah 7:14 we have this famous prophecy “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; 
Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.” These
verses unmistakably explain the miracle of the virgin birth. This miracle was one of many concerning 
the birth of Christ. No other person was ever born like this (of a virgin). The most majestic person ever 
born, was born for His people, and died for them on the cross.





There are many more Messianic passages, but one more I wish to mention for you is this one,“Yet have 
I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, 
Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.” (Psalm 2:6,7) I hope you have met Jesus, God’s 
king on His holy hill. I hope you and your family will worship Him during this time. What a joy to know 
Him, to love Him, and to be loved by Him. There is no other in which you may trust. Only Jesus 
Christ. Do you know Him? Has He saved you?

Reader, there are so many more verses, but reflect on these three to feel what this time of year is supposed to represent. It is not presents, nor Christmas trees, nor dinners, nor gatherings; but Christ alone. He alone 
is the Savior. He alone can change your heart.He alone can fight, and win your battles.He is ready to save you now and come and bring you peace.Won’t you trust Him now? “Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Acts 2:21)
Published by Charles Woodruff- email: oursong2000@yahoo.com


No comments: