Thursday, October 19, 2006

DIARY OF A BIBLE



January
A busy time for me. Most of the family decided to read me thru this year.
They have kept me busy for the past two weeks. Now they have forgotten.

February
Clean-up time. I was dusted yesterday and put in my place. My owner did use me a
few minutes last week. He had been in an argument and was looking up some references.

March
I had a busy day the first of the month. My owner was appointed leader of something and
used me. I got to go to church for the first time this year, Easter Sunday.

April
Grandpa visited us. He kept me on his lap reading First Corinthians for an hour
(Chapter 13). He seems to think more of me than he did when he was younger.

May
I have a few green stains on my pages. Had some early spring flowers pressed in me.

June
I look like a scrap book. They stuffed me full of newspaper clippings. One of the girls
got married.

July
They put me in a suitcase today. I guess we are off on a vacation. I wish I could stay at
home because I will have to stay in this thing for a month.

August
Still in the suitcase!

September
Back home again and in my old place. Have a lot of company; two "People" magazines and
four comic books are on top of me. My! I wish I could be read as much as they are.

October
They used me a little today. One of them is very sick. Right now I am all shined up and in
the center of the table. I think the preacher is coming.

November.
Back to my old place. I was looked through for some old papers today. One of the
children picked me up and asked, "Is this a scrap book?"

December
They're getting ready for Christmas, so I'll soon be covered up with packages and wrapping
paper. ~ Author unknown.

No comments: