Sunday, October 08, 2006

THE TRUTH by Charles Woodruff

- All truth is God’s truth. Jesus said “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me” (John 14:6).

- Does truth remain the same, or does truth change? “I am the LORD, I change not” (Malachi 3:6). “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever” (Hebrews 13:8). “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, which was, and which is to come, the Almighty” (Revelation 1:8). “Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures” (James 1:18).

-“Never was there a reformation brought about in the church, but by preaching the doctrine of an imputed righteousness.” George Whitfield, sermon on “The LORD Our Righteousness”, from Select Sermons, Banner of Truth, Edinburgh, 1985 reprint.

-Jesus said of the woman who washed His feet with her tears, “She hath done what she could” (Mark 14:8). In His grace alone, let us do what we can, until He comes. You can pray for me, and I for you. You can pray for America, and other lands as well. Pray for those in your local church, and the church worldwide. Pray for his elect to be gathered in. You CAN pray if you are His.

His last words to the church are “Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come Lord Jesus” (Revelation 22:20).

No comments: